The Roger Federer Foundation required localised PR. The Public Relations was used to generate awareness for the Match In Africa 6 exhibition match and for the breaking of a world record. The agency worked with the International Communication team as the South African representatives.
- the drafting and issuing of press releases,
- setting up of media interviews,
- liaising with local and international media,
- media accreditation,
- media centre management,
- management of the various media events including press briefings,
- mixed zone interviews,
- Q&A’s with key spokespeople,
- management of media photographers and briefings,
- exclusive Dubai international media one-on-one interviews with Roger Federer,
- social media management,
- website management and
The challenge was successfully met with a record breaking 51 945 spectators/fans watching the match live in the stadium; with the event raising a total of USD 3.5 million (approximately R54.6 million) for the Roger Federer Foundation. The PR resulted in a total AVE (ZAR) across all platforms (broadcast, print, online & social media) of over R921 million, which equates to a total AVE (USD) of $61.5 million.
Visit https://www.match-in-africa.com/multimedia/ for more images from this spectacular iconic event.
Visit our Facebook page to watch the highlight video.